Tipperary manager Michael Ryan has selected Jason Forde at midfield on his team to play Galway in this Sunday’s Allianz National Hurling League Final at the Gaelic Grounds.
Forde’s included despite facing a two game ban for his clash with Wexford boss Davy Fitzgerald last weekend – which Tipperary are expected appeal next week
Seamus Callanan’s been ruled out through injury, which means a start for John O’Dwyer at full-forward.
There’s one other change from the team that beat Wexford with Michael Breen replacing Niall O’Meara at centre-half-forward.
So the team in full:
1. Darren Gleeson – Portroe
2. Cathal Barrett – Holycross-Ballycahill
3. James Barry – Upperchurch-Drombane
4. Michael Cahill – Thurles Sarsfields
5. Seamus Kennedy – St. Marys
6. Ronan Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
7. Padraic Maher (Capt.) – Thurles Sarsfields
8. Brendan Maher – Borris-Ileigh
9. Jason Forde – Silvermines
10. Dan McCormack – Borris-Ileigh
11. Michael Breen – Ballina
12. Steven O’Brien – Ballina
13. Noel McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
14. John O’Dwyer – Killenaule
15. John McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
The showdown will be the tenth meeting of the sides in a league final, and the first since Tipp got the measure of the Tribesmen in 2008.
Their most recent meetings have been tightly contested, and Tipperary Hurling manager Michael Ryan thinks Sundays’ game at the Gaelic Grounds will renew old rivalries.
The squad set out to win the league early on and Ryan says they’re delighted to be in the final