A further easing of partner access restrictions comes into effect at University Maternity Hospital Limerick today.
At postnatal wards, nominated support partners can now access two scheduled visits of two hours daily, while the daily visiting slot to the antenatal ward has been extended from 45 minutes to two hours.
It’s part of a range of restrictions which are being eased at the Ennis Road facility.
A satellite Covid-19 vaccination clinic is also in place at the hospital this week.
UMHL is now permitting nominated support partners to access the following areas, regardless of vaccination status, following the COVID-19 questionnaire and temperature screening at the reception of the hospital:
· Labour Ward: throughout labour and delivery
· Elective and Emergency C-Section
· Antenatal Ward M3: 1 x two-hour slot, between 1pm and 8pm
· Antenatal Ward M3 single rooms, for high risk induction of labour: 8am-8pm daily
· Postnatal Wards M1&M2: 2 x two-hour slots, between 1pm and 9pm
· Postnatal Wards M1&M2 single rooms: 1pm-8pm daily
· NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) / HDU (High Dependency Unit): One-hour slots
· EPAU (Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit)
· Emergency high risk admissions
· 12-Week scan
· Anomaly scan
· Compassionate grounds