My Vision for Tipperary:
A just Tipperary, with dignity for all. Equal ease of access to quality services for all members of society not just the wealthy.
There are many extremely concerning issues today e.g. climate change, drugs in our communities, the abolition of Irish water etc. but I believe Health and Housing have to be the top priorities of any candidate in this election. The current government is presiding over the worst crisis ever to be seen in this country in both Health and Housing.
- • 35 years of experience and dedication as an accountable, elected public representative at local, county and national level
- Never participated in junkets over 35 years as an elected public representative equating to over €150,000 in savings to the state
- Handed back over €21,000 in pay increases to Dáil Éireann since 2016
- 12 weekly advice clinics across Co. Tipperary including: Fethard, Cahir, Cashel, Tipperary Town, Thurles, Killenaule, Carrick-on-Suir, Clonmel, Nenagh and Roscrea.
- Excellent attendance record and representation at Dáil Éireann
- Trade union activist, former President Clonmel Trades Council
- Hospital administrator for over 20 years
- Founder Member of Right2Water
- 8th amendment referendum campaigner
- Marriage Equality referendum campaigner
- Chairperson Save Our Acute Hospital Services Committee, South Tipperary General Hospital.
- Director Cuan Saor Women’s Refuge
- Director Friends of South Tipperary General Hospital
- Director Elm Park Area Childcare Committee
- Treasurer Old Bridge Community Association
- Member of Peace and Neutrality Alliance