Power expected to return tomorrow in Tipp

Fewer than 100 houses are still without power in Tipperary today in the wake of Ophelia.

Following on from the hurricane force winds last week, upwards of 40,000 customers were initially hit by power cuts in the Premier County.

ESB spokesperson Michael Fox says that ESB crews have been working flat out to restore power as quickly as possible across the county.


However, these efforts were hampered by Storm Brian on Friday and Saturday.

Mr Fox, who is based in Nenagh, thanked residents for their patience while they work to restore power and encouraged those who remain without power to get in touch.

He says they are hoping to have all houses reconnected by lunchtime tomorrow:

A number of crews will be stepping down in the next number of days to allow them time to recover.

Mr Fox said that work will continue in the Premier county to ensure that no damage has gone unnoticed: