2 match ban for Jason Forde

Photo © Twitter- @LiveGAAResults

Tipperary will be appealing the 2 game ban handed down to Jason Forde for his altercation with Wexford manager Davy Fitzgerald.

The Silvermines clubman looks set to be named in Michael Ryan’s side to face Galway in Sundays League final as the Central Hearings Committee is not expected to meet until next week meaning Forde would be free to play.

Meanwhile County Board Chairman Michael Bourke says the game against Galway will be a hotly contested game.

CONTINUE READING BELOW

Michael Ryan’s men are bidding to win their first National Hurling League title since 2008.

The last time Tipperary met Galway was in the All-Ireland semi-final last year, which the Premier won by a point.

Michael Bourke says the game at the Gaelic Grounds this Sunday could be just as close.

Throw-in is at 3.30 on Sunday in Limerick and Tipp FM will have full live coverage in association with Donal Ryan Motor Group – Nenagh, Thurles & Roscrea and Horse & Jockey Hotel.