**UPDATE, FRIDAY 27th MARCH: Taoiseach has announced lockdown to come into effect from midnight tonight**
Tipp FM has put together this guide to what events are cancelled, what businesses have notified us that they are closing, and groups that have been set up to help people.
If you would like to add an event/group to the list below, or notify us of changes being made to your business’s operating hours, simply email [email protected] with the information and your contact details for verification.
HELPFUL COMMUNITY GROUPS:
- Clonmel Covid 19 Community Help and Support
- Thurles Covid19 Community Response – contact Ciara on 089 4187584
- Coronavirus Community Assistance (Tipp North) – contact Damian on 087 9590206
- Newcastle Community Alert – contact 089 2487104
- Midlands / Kilkenny, Tipperary help and support group for Covid 19 virus
- Lorrha/Dorrha GAA offering collection services
- Kilruane McDonaghs GAA offering collection services
- Ballymackey FC offering to help any locals in need – call 087 2788764.
- Clonmel Soup Kitchen is closed but free food parcels continuing – call or text Ina on 087 3201256 to order specific items or donate dried goods.
- ALONE have also launched a helpline for elderly people during this time – 0818 222 024
*Visitor restrictions in place across most hospitals*
- UL Hospital Group – almost all outpatient and elective surgeries postponed until further notice (as of Wednesday, March 18th).
- The group is also curtailing outpatient radiology services from Wednesday, March 18th.
– All GP-referred outpatient x-ray appointments postponed at UHL but continuing as normal, for now, at Nenagh, Ennis and St John’s Hospitals.
– Non-urgent CT, MRI, and ultrasound outpatient appointments postponed for Nenagh, Ennis, UHL, and St John’s Hospitals.
- As of 16th March, visitor restrictions are in place at all residential care centres and HSE Community Healthcare facilities in South Tipperary.
- South Tipperary General Hospital – outpatients departments have reduced the numbers of clinics. Some specific clinics will continue, and patients will be contacted by hospital staff to attend.
– All elective surgery is cancelled.
*Almost all pubs and bars around the country have now closed*
- Clonmel Farmers Market, St Peter and Paul’s School, Kickham Street – suspended until further notice.
- As of Tuesday, 17th March, Lidl‘s seven stores across Tipperary will operate priority hours for elderly customers between 9am and 11am.
- Tesco, Thurles are allocating 8am-9am daily exclusively for elderly people and those with compromised immunity. If help is needed, the store can be contacted on 0504 21855.
- Abbey Court Hotel, Nenagh – closed until March 29th.
- Racket Hall Hotel, Roscrea – closed until further notice.
- Carraig Hotel, Carrick-on-Suir – closed until further notice.
- Anner Hotel, Thurles – leisure facilities closed until March 30th.
- Clonmel Park Hotel – Wheat Bar & Bistro closed to the public.
- McKevitt’s Costcutter, Thurles – doing home deliveries, phone in order on 0504-21599.
- Sherry Fitzgerald Gleeson, Thurles – physical offices closed, operating online.
- Boyles of Thurles – closed until further notice.
- CSC Gyms, Cahir, Cashel, and Clonmel – closed until further notice.
- Moran’s Menswear, Thurles – closed for two weeks, but will open for anyone who needs something if they message their Facebook page.
- Andy’s Gastro Pub, Nenagh – closed to the public, but doing daily, freshly-cooked lunch deliveries, taking orders on their Facebook page and on 067 32494.
- Thurles Curtains and Blinds – closed until further notice, but Mary and Mairéad will continue to work from home. Messages can be left on the shop phone, 0504 23902.
- Ely’s Centra Inver The Mall, Thurles – now operating a home delivery service for elderly people, those with compromised immunity, or single mothers looking after children. Contact their Facebook page or 0504 23778.
- The Pike, Thurles – reducing opening hours from 4pm to 10pm. Orders to be phoned in on 0504 22943, and payment by cards where possible. Max of 3 customers in the shop at a time.
- Kelly’s Chemist, Nenagh – closing from 1pm-2pm every day. Phone ahead for prescription between 9.15am and 6pm on 067 34244. Only three customers in store at a time.
- Liberty Pharmacy, Thurles – delivering scripts locally and can drop scripts to car, 0504 90604.
- Thurles Pharmacy, Dunnes Stores – delivering locally, scripts can also be collected at back door: 0504 24586.
- Mocklers Pharmacy, Thurles – delivering locally and can drop scripts to car, 0504 21421.
- Hickey’s Pharmacy, Thurles – delivering to nursing homes, 0504 21423.
- McCabes (Ryan’s) Pharmacy, Thurles – delivering locally, 0504 21473.
Alcoholics Anonymous Thurles – meetings cancelled until further notice.
- GAA has suspended games across Tipperary and the rest of the country until March 29th.
- FAI has suspended games until March 29th.
- IRFU has suspended games until March 29th.
- Clonmel Town Football Club has closed the Dr Pat O’Callaghan Sports Complex.
TIPPERARY COUNTY COUNCIL:
- All libraries, museums, council-run swimming pools in Clonmel, Tipperary Town and Nenagh, along with public arts centres and public playground facilities are closed.
- All scheduled training and meetings are cancelled.
- All Council run Festivals or events are cancelled.
- District offices restricted to contact with the public via email, phone, post, or by appointment where necessary (as of Monday, March 16th).
- Council staff will continue to present for work to ensure a continuity of service across key operations.
- The Council’s Crisis Management Team will continue to meet on an ongoing basis as well as liaise with Government Departments and agencies across the South East and Mid-West Region.
- The council emergency numbers outside of office hours for the following services are; Roads – 1890 923 948 Housing (Emergency Electrical and Plumbing issues only) – 1890 923 948 Water and Wastewater – 1850 278 278.
- Diocese of Killaloe – no public masses taking place.
- Diocese of Cashel and Emly – no public masses taking place, but some churches may livestream.
- Diocese of Waterford and Lismore – no public masses taking place but local livestreams for the diocese can be found by following:
- Tipp FM will be broadcasting a special St Patrick’s Day Mass at 9am, on-air and online.
- All Presbyterian services cancelled.
- Social dancing across Tipperary has been suspended.
- All St Patrick’s Day festivities have been cancelled.
- AA meetings in Carrick-on-Suir will continue as normal. If any changes should arise, members will be informed.